- use configuration files instead of requiring users to edit the script
- add the ability to define how the announce-list should be constructed in detail (tracker tiers etc., see Multitracker Metadata Extension)
- add webseed support (Hoffman style & GetRight style)
- improve behaviour when detecting the need for overwriting an existing torrent (if the user aborts, the torrent has to be calculated again)
- isn’t the comment field supposed to be multi-lined?
- create test cases, unit tests, ...
- provide more examples in the documentation
Some ideas regarding the long-term future:
- create GUI
- make it possible to edit existing torrents